FOOD & DRINK POLICY
Adopted: July 11, 2018. Effective: July 12, 2018
The Calloway County Public Library (CCPL) is committed to providing a comfortable environment for patrons. This Food and Drink Policy provides guidelines for CCPL users to enjoy an occasional snack in designated areas, while protecting our resources and maintaining a clean and welcome space for all CCPL users. We ask that you act responsibly when consuming food and drink in the Library, be considerate of others near you, and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Non-alcoholic beverages in approved containers are permitted. This includes opened cans of soda, disposable coffee cups with lids, fountain drinks with lids, and twist-off containers.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are not allowed.
- Chips, cookies, candy and other such non-messy, non-odorous foods are permitted. Odorous or messy items such as hamburgers, French fries, pizza, hot dogs, etc. are not permitted. (Such foods may be consumed at authorized specific library functions.)
- All areas should be left as clean as they were before use. Trash, and uneaten food should be disposed of properly. All spills, crumbs, smears, etc. must be cleaned up by the consumer. Paper towels can be obtained at the Circulation Desk. Please report accidental spills to the staff as soon as possible.
- Food or beverages of any kind are not permitted under any conditions at the Public Computers, OPAC stations, nor when using a CCPL Laptop. Patrons may eat and drink while using their own equipment.
CCPL reserves the right to ask any user to remove his/her food and/or beverage from the library if in the judgement of the staff it constitutes a violation of this policy.
The Calloway County Public Library Board reserves the right to alter this policy without prior notice.