Interlibrary Loan Policy
- CCPL offers patrons the option to request books through interlibrary loan. In order for a title to be eligible to be loaned in this manner, the book must be at least one year past its publication date, and must not be included in CCPL’s collection.
- Patrons who wish to request a title through interlibrary loan may do so by filling out an interlibrary loan request form. Patrons may have up to three requests active at any one time.
- Patrons will be contacted when their loan arrives at CCPL. The loan will be held for seven days after the initial contact. If it is not picked up within the seven-day time limit, the item will be shipped back to the lending library.
- If, for any reason, CCPL is unable to acquire a requested item, the patron will be notified via telephone.
- Patrons who wish to renew an interlibrary loan item may request a renewal by calling CCPL at least five days before the original due date. Because the lending library sets due dates on interlibrary loans, not all renewals will be possible. If the item can be renewed, the patron will be contacted as soon as possible. If the patron does not receive confirmation on a renewal, the item’s original due date will stand.
- Any Interlibrary loan that is returned past its due date will acquire a fine of two dollars per day.
- Interlibrary loans that are returned without the attached CCPL label will carry a fine of two dollars.
The Calloway County Public Library Board reserves the right to alter this policy without prior notice.