Discover the history of you...
ProQuest Ancestry Library Edition, the largest online family history resource available, provides unprecedented access to family history via documents that record the lineage of individuals from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, and more. Distributed exclusively by ProQuest and powered by Ancestry.com, it brings the world’s most popular consumer online family history resource to your library.
Answers await all your users—professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the thousands of databases of family information. User-friendly search tools and comprehensive indexing make it easy to start discovering personal histories.
Ancestry Library Edition’s passenger list collection contains information about the arrival of more than 100 million passengers at more than 100 American ports. An estimated 85 percent of Americans will find at least one ancestor in these records. Lists also contain names of famous and historical figures such as Sigmund Freud, Bob Hope, Charlie Chaplin, the Von Trapp Family, and Albert Einstein.
MEET THE FAMILY FIRSTHAND
with millions of unique, full-text primary sources and enhanced images, including:
- Census records from the U.S., the U.K., Australia, and Germany
- Canadian Census (1851-1911)
- Birth, marriage, and death records for the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- Canadian Genealogy Index (1600s-1900s)
- U.S. military records (back to the 1600s)
- Canadian military collections
- Drouin Collection of French-Canadian and Quebec historical records (1621-1967)
- Immigration, emigration, passport, and naturalization records
- Jewish family history records
- U.S. and Canadian passenger lists (1865-1935)
- Directories and members lists from the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- Court, land, tax, and probate records
In addition to collections from the U.S., Canada, and the U.K., Ancestry Library Edition also features major collections from France, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Australia, and China.
SEE HOW THEY LIVED
...with additional collections that add context and background to individuals’ stories, such as:
- Biographies and histories, including American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) and WPA Slave Narratives
- Collections that bring together diverse materials on communities of people, such as Jewish Family History
- Photos and maps, ranging from postcards and panoramas to family photos and headstones
RECORD YOUR HISTORY
...and find others on the same path. Ancestry Library Edition features helpful tools such as charts, summaries, calendars, message boards, and more. Beginners can use the tools and resources in the Learning Center to:
- Begin their family trees
- Get the most out of historical records
- Connect with other researchers
- Find answers to tough research questions
- And more
More advanced users can share their expertise with others by contributing content to the Ancestry.com Family History Wiki, which they can access through the Help tab.
You may only access the Ancestry.com Library Edition from within the Calloway County Public Library. If you need assistance, please contact one of our staff!.